You’ve asked for them and now they are here! Find out how to apply for internships below.
Applying For Internships
Write a letter, including a date, greeting, and signature, addressing the following questions. Click here for a sample letter
1. In 2-5 sentences, explain why you are interested in this internship.
2. In 1-2 paragraphs, describe the skills and/or experiences that qualify you for this internship. You should try to address all of the bullet-points in the “this intern should be…” section. Be specific; describe things you’ve done that demonstrate your relevant qualities.
3. Give the name and contact information of someone who can speak about your character and skills in the position you’re applying for. Preferably, this person is a member of the Emerson community, but if not, that is fine. We may or may not get in touch with this person, depending on the number of applicants.
4. You are welcome to include work samples that demonstrate your expertise in the area of the internship. If your work is digital, please upload your file to a sharing service such as Google or DropBox and email the link to Ms. Leader, who will forward it to the appropriate Faculty Supervisor.
5. If there is anything else you want the hiring committee to know, write it here.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted to Ms. Leader by 8:15 am on Friday, September 25th. Late applications will not be considered.
You may type or hand-write, but hard copies are strongly preferred. If you must, though, you can email them. We encourage you to enlist help in making sure your application is well-written and error-free. Asking teachers is fine!
Things to Note
You must write a separate application for each internship to which you apply.
You may not apply for more than 3 positions, although you may apply for fewer than 3.
All applicants will have a 5-minute interview during lunch on Friday, September 25th with the Faculty Supervisor of the positions they apply to. Applicants are encouraged to dress professionally.
Questions? Ask Ms. Leader in person or via email.